Event description is below the map.
Open in Google Maps.
Arizona's Got Dance! National Dance Day Workshop!
Where? Metropolitan Arts Institute/Resident Home of Scorpius Dance Theatre
When? Saturday, July 27th; doors open at 10:30 AM; classes begin at 11:00 AM and end at 6:00 PM
How much? $10 per class or $45 for the whole day
The Workshop is going to be on the actual National Dance Day, which is July 27th. Besides offering a variety of dance classes, the Workshop is going to have a free dance and nutrition seminar to teach people how to maintain a healthy body, inside and out. Mary Lane and J. recognize the need for fun physical activity in Arizona, so they are going to offer the So You Think You Can Dance/Dizzy Feet Foundation National Dance Day choreographed routine class for free as well. This class is aimed for people of all
shapes, sizes, and abilities, and the routine will be filmed and submitted to So You Think You Can Dance to show America how much Arizona appreciates dance. The Showcase will be $20 for adults and $15 for students, and the Workshop is $10 per class or $45 for the entire day. The Workshop will be held at the Metropolitan Arts Institute in downtown Phoenix.
1) Jazz Funk (11:00 AM) - Jose Soto
2) Modern (12:00 PM) - Liliana Gomez
3) FREE lunch/dance & health seminar (1:00 PM) - Taylor Henderson
4) Wacking (2:00 PM) - Melissa Britt
5) Contemporary (3:00 PM) - Jay Bouey
6) Hip Hop (4:00 PM) - Grace Gallagher
7) FREE So You Think You Can Dance/Dizzy Feet Foundation choreographed National Dance Day routine class (5:00 PM) - Emily Starrett